Wednesday 1 December 2010

Getting started

I have always wanted to run a marathon, let me tell you however  this is a mega goal given that my starting point now is a Size 22, 41 year old. That said  I thought I would open with my plan to get there

1) I will run a marathon with in five years
2) I will run a half marathon by the end of 2012
3) I will run10k by end of 2011
4) I will run 5k by April 2011
6) I will run for 5minutes  by Dec

Just so you know these were written back in October when I started running so I have been going for 5 weeks now, imagine that.

Initially the plan was to run for a Min walk for a Min and increase the time I ran by 10% I struggled . With some research I came across the c25k plan and a podcast to go with it, heaven no more looking at a watch to time myself. I just listen and run. I am now on week three.  That has brought you to where I am right now. The plan is to write each week to keep you up to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment